Nyonya Chicken Curry
Ingredients (for 1kg chicken):
- 1 kg chicken
- Tropicana Curry Paste
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 500 g coconut cream
- Cooking oil
- Fried onions
- Roughly cut and clean chicken into 4-5cm pieces.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of oil in a large sucepan, and lightly sear chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in coconut cream, star anise (optional) and add ½ jar of Tropicana Curry Paste.
- Add just enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes for chicken, until meat is tender.
- Garnish with fried onions, and serve with steamed rice or roti.