Indonesian Beef Rendang
Ingredients (for 1kg beef):
- 1 kg Gravy Beef (Chicken Thigh fillets can also be used)
- Tropicana Rendang Paste
- 6 pieces lime leaves (optional)
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 500 g coconut cream
- Cooking oil
- Fried onions
- Roughly cut beef into 4-5cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a large sucepan, and lightly fry desiccated coconut on low heat.
- Add meat, coconut cream, ½ jar of Tropicana Rendang Paste, lime leaves and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 45-60 minutes (20 minutes for chicken) until meat is tender.
- Garnish with fried onions, and serve with steamed rice.